New farm manager wanted!
Spitalfields City Farm is looking for an experienced and motivated farm manager to drive forward the development of farm projects and the farm site fulltime, 37.5 hours per week – with some weekend and evening work £32,799.00 per annum plus pension contribution.
Do you have what it takes to manage one of the busiest and high profile city farms in London. Our current manager is retiring after 10 years and we are looking for a new manager. This is an opportunity to really shape the strategic direction of the farm and continue the implementation of best practice. If you like being in a post that will guarantee no two days the same and working with creative and passionate people
then this could be the post for you.
The new manager will ensure the effective development and delivery of the organisation’s business plan and in particular be responsible for the sustainable management of operational, personnel and administrative functions at the farm.
Communicating with and responsible to the management committee, the Manager will:
- Give strategic vision and leadership to all aspects of management and planning.
- Support staff in the strategic development and planning of projects to take forward the farm’s aims.
- Manage and develop the farm’s funding and financial plan and ensure staff are linked into this.
- Maintain and develop external networks to promote and benefit the Farm. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience in a managerial role, be self-motivated, energetic and have excellent personnel skills. Experience of leading strategic change and an understanding of community development and social enterprise would be an asset as the farm looks to grow and engage with an ever changing landscape in this vibrant part of London.
Application for the above position is by CV and a covering statement that must relate to the job description and person specification.
For a full job pack:
- Download one here
- Request one by email from email@example.com
- Send a self-addressed stamped A4 envelope with a note stating that you are requesting information about the manager position
Spitalfields City Farm, Buxton Street London E1 5AR
Closing date for completed applications:
5pm Friday 20th April 2018 Interviews week beginning – 30th April 2018.
Applications are accepted by email, post and in person